Lots to share this week
WOOHOOO- no more quarantine at this point in time! Thank you to D2 and all the departments that helped to get RCNC through the 2-week periods. All residents tested negative in this past round of testing. We continue to get staff results in, all negative thus far. If your test does result in a positive, you will be called and you will then need to follow-up with Occupation Health,
Updates follow but as a reminder, all are subject to change in a moment’s notice and based on current CDC/state guidelines.
- Resident visits will resume Tuesday 9/8. These will remain outdoors only. It is the hope that we can continue outdoor visits through Columbus Day (aka Indigenous People Day). Social Services is working with Infection Prevention/Control and leadership to determine how to start inside visits, per state and CDC guidelines, once cold weather sets in. Once we know more, we will share information.
- As part of resident visits, Universal Workers will be used to supplement Activities and Social Services staff. UWs play a vital role with outdoor visits. While they cannot sit in with a visit, due to privacy concerns. They monitor the clock, the surroundings, and are the eyes and ears when Activities/SS can’t be near a resident. Please make sure your residents are ready to go. At least 15-minutes prior to their scheduled family visit time.
- Sentinel Covid surveillance testing will take place on Thursday 9/10/2020. Please help spread the word so that staff show up and get tested!! When you see a tester on Thursday, let’s thank them for helping to keep us and our residents safe.
- As a reminder, while we cannot enforce or monitor mask usage outside of the facility, we encourage all to wear masks when in public and to practice good hand hygiene. With schools starting up, there is an uptick in cases. We wear masks to protect others, the vulnerable population we serve, our staff, and the community at large.
- Hairdressing will be started soon.
- Podiatry and Dermatology visits start in September. The dentist is still on emergency basis only.
- We are in the talking stages of the gym opening up and will have more information on this, as available.
- Unit doors are now open and the snack bare reopening next week-with continued masks and social distancing.
- Soup is coming back to the cafeteria. Unable to open back the salad bar at this time r/t cleaning process between utensil uses.
Staff Development: There are CPR courses coming up. Mandatory education starts next week for nurses/MNAs on our controlled substance. This will be one of our QAPI projects we are required to have, and they are good to have. QAPI is the merger of two approaches to quality management [(Quality Assurance (QA) and Performance Improvement (PI)].
- If there is a QA/PI idea you have or education need in general, please let us know.
- Dress down (ok to wear jeans) Wednesday’s in September- 9/9 (tie-dye); 9/16 (Summer); 9/23 (welcome fall); 9/30 (Rockingham Pride Day- wear your shirt)
- Start thinking abut your Pumpkin decorating skills…….
Finally…. Everyone is doing an amazing job during this challenging time – what a team we have!